Webinar 16: 17th September 2020
Thank you for joining our webinar “Reflections from the SBSTTA and SBI special virtual sessions and other major events” on 17 September 2020.
The following presentations were delivered by the panel of speakers in both the 10am SAST and 3pm SAST time slots:
- Roadmap to COP15, Reflections from SBSTTA/SBI Special Virtual Sessions – Ms Ingrid Coetzee, Senior Programme Manager, ICLEI Cities Biodiversity Center
- Reflections from SBSTTA/SBI Special Virtual Sessions – Ms Renata Gomez, Biodiversity Programme Manager at Regions4 and Coordinator of the CBD Advisory Committee on Subnational Governments and Biodiversity and the Regions4 Biodiversity Learning Platform
- Updated Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework – Ms Tamlyn Duncan, Professional Officer: Biodiversity and Nature-based Solutions, ICLEI Africa
- Update on upcoming events and global advocacy efforts – Mr Yunus Arikan, Director of Global Advocacy, ICLEI, LGMA Focal Point to the UNFCCC
To access further resources mentioned in the webinar, please refer to the following links:
- The full webinar presentation.
- The full recording of the webinar.
- Information on our webinars next month, which will form part of the Daring Cities agenda, can be found both here and here.
- The link to past webinar recordings in the series, which are also available on the new website.
- For more information on the Edinburgh Process, visit the event website.
- To read and sign the Edinburgh Declaration, see here.
- To read the 5th Global Biodiversity Outlook, click here.
- To read the statements read and submitted at the SBSTTA/SBI Special Virtual Sessions, see under Statements and Positions tab here.
- Information on Redesign2020.
- Information on the UN Biodiversity Summit.
- To read the September edition of the local and subnational advocacy for nature email update, click here.
Links to ICLEI’s CBC website, the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (SCBD), and CitiesWithNature.
For a summary of the webinar by our generous supporting partner at the Post 2020 Biodiversity Framework- EU Support Project, please click here.
We are proud to have the local and subnational advocacy for nature website, which serves as an information platform to keep our constituency up to date with the latest relevant news, events and resources that relate to local and subnational governments. We invite you to visit the website regularly and to share it with your networks.
We hope you found the Webinar informative and the shared information to be helpful to your work!
If you have questions, comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to connecting with you again soon.