Webinar 21: 04 March 2021
Thank you for joining our webinar “Rebalancing our economy with nature” on 4 March 2021.
The following presentations were delivered by the panel of speakers in the 10am SAST and 3pm SAST time slots:
- Roadmap to COP15 and update of events – Ingrid Coetzee, Director Biodiversity, Nature & Health, ICLEI Cities Biodiversity Center & ICLEI Africa
- A “cents” of perspective: The bigger picture & a brief overview of the Dasgupta Review – Nikara Mahadeo, Professional Officer: Biodiversity and Nature-based Solutions, ICLEI Africa
- Resource mobilisation as a focus in the post-2020 GBF & what this means for local & subnational governments – Ingrid Coetzee, Director Biodiversity, Nature & Health, ICLEI Cities Biodiversity Center & ICLEI Africa
- Reflections on the importance of ‘rebalancing our economy with nature’ for cities in the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration – Kobie Brand, ICLEI Deputy Secretary-General, Global Director: ICLEI Cities Biodiversity Center, and Regional Director ICLEI Africa, Cape Town, South Africa
To access further resources mentioned in the webinar, please refer to the following links:
- The full recording of the 10am and the 3pm webinar.
- The link to past webinar recordings in the series, which are also available on our advocacy website.
- To read and sign the Edinburgh Declaration, see here.
- Stay up to date with the most recent installment for February here.
- Register for our monthly advocacy newsletters here.
- To read the joint statement submitted on behalf of local & subnational governments under item 2 of the informal session for SBSTTA-24 agenda, see here.
- To read the CBD/SBI/3/19 Document, which speaks to engagement with subnational governments, cities and other local authorities to enhance implementation of the Post-2020 GBF, see here.
- Read the Dasgupta Review here.
- Read Biodiversity loss – an economic risk. Greening the financial sector for resilience and transformative change here.
- Read Resource mobilization – Instilling biodiversity into budgets and financial schemes here.
- Read The Edinburgh Process – Empowering local and subnational governments for an effective and inclusive biodiversity framework here.
For a summary of the webinar by our generous supporting partner at the Post 2020 Biodiversity Framework- EU Support Project, please click here.
We are proud to have the local and subnational advocacy for nature website, which serves as an information platform to keep our constituency up to date with the latest relevant news, events and resources that relate to local and subnational governments. We invite you to visit the website regularly and to share it with your networks.
We hope you found the Webinar informative and the shared information to be helpful to your work!
If you have questions, comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to connecting with you again soon.